Dumbbells Can Be The Keystone To Your Weightlifting Program
Hey, let us start off by setting the record straight on dumbbells: dumbbells are not a workout or strength training accessory. No sir, dumbbells, especially the right kinds of dumbbells, can be the one piece of fitness equipment that you build your entire strength training program around. Yep, dumbbells can indeed be the cornerstone of your fitness program.
What Makes Dumbbells So Awesome!
- A dumbbell’s footprint is bitty. Dimension wise, a dumbbell is about the same width and length as is a magazine. This means that you can tuck away your dumbbell or pair of dumbbells into the nooks and crannies of wherever your workout spot may be. Due to this feature, dumbbells are great for those who want to strength train in the office, in their small studio apartment, in their dorm, or anywhere else they’d like to get to lifting some heavy weights!
- A dumbbell is ultra portable. You may travel with your dumbbells and can conveniently use them in hotel rooms, at parks, or anywhere else you need to lift and get fit and strong.
- A dumbbell will not break your bank. Sure, a quality pair of dumbbells could cost $300 or even more, which is not exactly cheap. BUT when comparing the cost of buying a dumbbell or a pair of dumbbells to the cost of purchasing a weightlifting machine, a monthly gym membership fee, or a weight bench, a barbell and weight plates, going with a dumbbell makes the most sense and cents!
The Big Fat Caveat About What Makes Dumbbells So Awesome!
Now, when it comes to leveraging the above dumbbell positives into a great workout program, you must understand that not all dumbbells are created equal. After all, if you go with, say, cast iron hex dumbbells, you will quickly find that their footprints are not small, they are not ultra portable, and they cost more than you probably want to spend. This is because the traditional hex-shaped cast iron dumbbell is not adjustable; they come in set sizes/weights that cannot be changed, so if you want to have a wide range of weights to lift, you will need ten or more dumbbells to get the job done! So although cast iron hex dumbbells are GREAT, they are best suited for large home gyms and public gyms.
“For lifters looking for workout equipment that is small, portable, and inexpensive, the best solution is the modern adjustable dumbbell, and a pair of the Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells is among the greatest adjustable dumbbells ever made.”
The Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells (Pair)
If you have been lifting or working out for any amount of time, you ought to know that Bowflex equipment is quality equipment and this pair of adjustable Bowflex dumbbells is no exception.
Each Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbell can be adjusted weigh from five to 52.5 pounds, which gives you, the home lifter, the ability to lift a total of 105 pounds at one time.
The weight of the Bowflex adjustable dumbbell SelectTech 552s can be adjusted in 2.5-pound increments for their first 25 pounds. From 25 to 52.5 pounds, the increments are five pounds.
These dumbbells, one of the best adjustable dumbbell pairs on the planet, adjusts quickly, silently, and easily thanks to the proprietary Bowflex dial weight-adjusting system.
Replaces In The Home Gym
This pair of Bowflex adjustable dumbbells replaces 15 pairs of traditional fixed-weight dumbbells.
Hey, these awesome adjustable dumbbells are available on Amazon which means it is easy-peasy to order them. Better yet, Amazon is an officially approved Bowflex distributer so you know these dumbbells are the real deal! And, you can rest assured knowing that your credit card details are completely safe when you order on Amazon. This pair of incredible Bowflex adjustable dumbbells will get to your door in around two after you make your order on Amazon.
Warranty And Shipping
This pair of Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells comes with a two-year warranty on their plates and parts. Amazon ships it free to its Prime members.
Bowflex ships its special bonus Bowflex SelectTech workout DVD, Secrets of the Four Step Rep, completely free of charge to everyone who purchases these great adjustable dumbbells.
What Comes in the Box?
Both adjustable dumbbells, all of the weight plates, a base for each dumbbell, instructional pamphlet, warranty information, and the bonus DVD will arrive at your home in just a couple of days after being ordered in a single, relatively-small box that weighs around 120 pounds.
The Pros to These Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbells
This pair of Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells gives me (nearly) all of the bang for my buck that I could ever want in a pair of dumbbells.
- Instant Weight Changes. How quick and easy it is to adjust these top-of-the-line adjustable Bowflex dumbbells is their largest selling point and also what I most love about them. I have been into circuit training for years and these dumbbells are the perfect piece of workout equipment for circuit training because they are ready for the next exercise before me and my body are! By the way, if you want to build muscle and burn fat FAST check out High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). There are tons of great HIIT videos on YouTube.
- Convenience. My super set of Bowflex adjustable dumbbells do not permit me to come up with excuses not to work out. After all, they are always right there waiting for me in my home. They are so easy to use. And, their weight adjusting capabilities mean that they are ready to go whether it is a light day or a heavy day!
- Beautiful. Hey, there is no getting around the fact that the Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells are a BEAUTIFUL pair of dumbbells. They are so good looking that there is no reason to hide them in a closet when company comes over.
The Cons to These Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbells
As I have said above, I love my pair of Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells. However, I must admit that there are two potential downsides of which you must be aware.
- Upper Weight Limit. The maximum weight for these dumbbells is 52.5 pounds, which is way too low for many lifters. Even for me, the Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells are not heavy enough for me to use for Farmer’s Walks and deadlifts. I have a couple of much heavier hex dumbbells for these heavy exercises.
That said, these adjustable Bowflex dumbbells are plenty heavy enough for my wife and her weight-lifting goals and for most of my beefier needs.
- Cost. Nope, these are not the cheapest set of dumbbells you will find. However they may be the best adjustable dumbbells you find.
Bottomline On The Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells (Pair)
The Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells (Pair) is the perfect workout solution for you if you want to:
- Weight train
- Circuit train
- Maintain strength or gain strength
- Gain muscle or prevent loss of muscle
- Lose fat
- Boost your metabolism
- Workout in a small space
- Keep workouts simple, yet effective
- Keep your home or office free of fitness equipment clutter
The Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells (Pair) may not be the perfect workout solution for you if you want to lift heavy, very heavy.
If you are ready to start working out, make your order and receive your adjustable Bowflex dumbbells in two days.
Please share and tag your friends who you think they’ll like this post. I greatly appreciate your kindness!