These two adjustable dumbbells represent what strength training is all about: cast iron weight plates, chrome knurled handles, spin on locking collars. These are indeed 100% weight training at their core. They are heavy, reliable, and dangerous bad!
This pair of adjustable cast iron dumbbells, a total of 105 pounds, are made up of a couple of textured solid chrome dumbbell handles and four spins on locking collars, eight five-pound cast iron weight plates, two 2.5-pound plates, and two 1.25-pound plates. A single dumbbell handle with two collars weighs four pounds. With this collection of weight plates, you can adjust each of these adjustable cast iron dumbbells in 2.5-pound increments from five to 52.5 pounds.
The Positives To This Old School Set Of Adjustable Cast Iron Dumbbells Are Their:
- Cost: at $99.99 these dumbbells cost you about a dollar a pound, a killer deal!
- Solid build: thanks to their spin on locking collars, these cast iron adjustable dumbbells do NOT clank, shake, or wobble. They feel stable and safe in hand, trust me!
- Can be made even heavier: you can buy additional cast iron plates to make these excellent adjustable dumbbells heavier as you grow stronger!
- Cast iron plates: have a smooth finish that helps keep them clean and rust free.
The Negatives To This Old School Pair Of Adjustable Cast Iron Dumbbells Are There:
- Potentially dangerous to children: these adjustable dumbbells can roll. If you have got small children who like to get into things, these may not be the best adjustable dumbbells for your home
- Slow to adjust their weight: to change their influences, you have got to spin off the collars, remove the weight plates and possibly add new weight plates and then spin on the collars. You have got to do this to both sides of the adjustable cast iron dumbbells, which is much slower than many other types of adjustable dumbbells. The fastest changing adjustable dumbbells adjust the weight in just a few seconds.
- Painful handle ends: these ends of these dumbbell handles have a small diameter which means they hurt when you rest them on your thighs or other body parts.
Why I Love This Pair Of Adjustable Cast Iron Dumbbells
I do some different types of workouts: some medium distance running, snow skiing and exercises that help me perform better and longer on the slopes, and some heavy lifting from time to time. However, my favorite type of workout is an adjustable dumbbell circuit training one because it provides the most return on investment when it comes to time, space, and effectiveness.
You want to see just how useful an adjustable dumbbell circuit workout is, eh? Check out this video that mirrors a couple of my fav workouts.
[Video] Simple Full Body Circuit Workout with Dumbbells
The key to this type of circuit training is to rest no more than 15 to 30 seconds between sets; this is easy to do with this one pair of adjustable cast iron dumbbells. It’s moving quickly from set to set increases your heart rate to give your metabolism a boost that will last for hours even if your total workout is just 15 minutes long! Circuit training with adjustable dumbbells builds strength and muscle while concurrently melting the fat off your body! And, it does this without taking up all that much time out of your day from the comfort of your home. How cool is that? VERY, right?
Purchasing This Awesome Pair Of Adjustable Cast Iron Dumbbells
Sold by: Amazon, an online store we can all trust
Shipping: Free and it will get to your home in about a week after being ordered
Made by: Unipack
Yes, This One Pair Of Cast Iron Adjustable Dumbbells Are (Maybe) The Best Adjustable Dumbbells On The Planet!
Pound for pound, these adjustable cast iron dumbbells most likely offer the biggest bang for the buck out of all of the adjustable dumbbells currently being offered on Amazon! And, despite their low price, these are an excellent pair of cast iron adjustable dumbbells made up of cast iron weight plates and chrome dumbbell handles, and spin-on collars.
Of course, this one pair of cast iron adjustable dumbbells do have one relatively significant downside: it takes a bit of time to change their weight. However, for many lifters, this does not matter, and if this last point is not essential to you, these are probably the best adjustable dumbbells you will find anywhere!
Please share and tag your friends who you think they’ll like this post. I greatly appreciate your kindness!
Last update on 2019-12-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API